Signs of the Times does not have
a “line” and we do not strict exercise editorial control
over contributions, although we reserve the right to publish as we see
fit. Under these terms we welcome contributions for this page.
If you are interested in submitting a discussion paper to Signs
of the Times these can be emailed to email@example.com
Signs of the Times is not an academic journal.
It is therefore important that submission are:
- addressed to a literate but non-specialist audience;
- broadly topical;
- fairly well focussed on a political agenda or polemical purpose.
- Papers may be submitted as text files, in Word 7 or WordPerfect
5.1, or as html.
- If you submit your paper as a html document please remember the
- Do not use Microsoft Word to convert a document to html. This
puts a lot of unnecessary code into the document which we will
have to remove.
- Please limit the use of html tags which format the text. Don't
include <font> or any colour formatting.
- Html tags which are permitted are <a>,<p>,<br>,<h1>,<h2>,<b>,<i>,
<ul> and <ol>.
- Please don't include Cascading Style Sheets.
- Please avoid using footnotes or endnotes. Use paranthetical references
to Try to put as much of these comments in
- In order to improve the likelihood of search engines finding the
discussion papers, and to introduce the content of the paper to readers,
submissions should include:
- A couple of sentences that describe the paper which can be
used as a brief introduction to its content.
- A list of keywords (you may include as many as you think appropriate
but these will be used to help search engines find your paper
so the more the better).
Back to Discussion Papers